What The Role Is All About
• Our Stylists love J.Crew, obsess about all of our products and can’t wait to share that passion.
• They begin each shift with an infectious excitement and enjoy connecting with every customer.
• Stylists are curious and courageous: asking great questions, listening intently and leading thoughtfully.
• Our Stylists combine color and pattern easily, knowing that the magic is in the mix.
• Focus is key to this role as Stylists often interact with many customers per hour. They have a knack for uncovering things that drive sales and support service.
• Our Stylists are quick, making it seamless for our customers, they are multi-tasking masters.
What We Expect You To Bring
• Passion for our products.
• A genuine desire to be the customer’s hero.
• A drive to be the best at what you do by achieving all of your goals.
• Your smarts, we expect thinkers who do the right things (we’re allergic to lots of policies + procedures)
• A great fashion esthetic, up to date on what’s happening in the industry.
• Technologically savvy while at the same time knowing that devices don’t dominate dialogue.
• An ability to be nimble and get on board with where we’re headed (sometimes that changes often).
• A track record of working productively on a diverse team.
What You Can Expect
A brand that our customers are passionate about. One synonymous with:
• Quality | the best fabrics, the best construction, the finishing details you can’t find anywhere else.
• Value | timeless pieces with no expiration date.
• Design | it all starts in-house with talented designers.
• Style | it’s about more than the individual piece, no one puts a look together like we do.
• Team | an opportunity to contribute alongside the best and brightest in the business.
How We Measure Results
• Each Stylist is expected to achieve their daily sales-per-hour goals.
• The J.Crew card is a huge part of customer loyalty, Stylists open at least one per shift.
• Our Selling Managers are responsible for ensuring each service experience exceeds expectations. They provide ongoing coaching and recognition to Stylists on expected selling |service behaviors.
• Are at least 18 years old.
• Speak confidently, communicate effectively and write with a bit of flair.
• Process information and operate store systems accurately.
• Are available when we are busy | nights, weekends and holidays.
• Can bend, reach, stretch as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds |18 kilos.
• Can regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
• Assist in processing | replenishing and keep the store looking great.
The position is hourly, part-time and reports to a store director. See below for more details.