Love being around people and making them happy? Good at finding just the right thing to complete an outfit? As part of our sales team, you’ll do just that, bringing the Magic of Macy’s to life for our customers. Every day brings new challenges and excitement, and every customer interaction gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: find solutions and provide exceptional customer service.
The Women' s Shoe Sales Lead is a leader in supporting an engaging professional and personalized shopping experience for our clients and customers. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead will serve as Macy's Brand Ambassador and support the MyShop Sales Manager to make shopping in Women' s Shoes a must have experience that customers will discuss with their friends and families. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead, will educate customers on trending styles and fits, communicate with confidence on product benefits, and guide our clients over multiple channels where clients can self learn, and, or self-service. The Women's Shoe Sales Lead will support the MyShop Sales Manager to ensure we are meeting the aspirations of our customers, and assist the Women's Shoe Sales Consultants in creating an exceptional shopping environment. The associate is also responsible for fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
- Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and Macy's app.
- Be proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Drive Pre·sell results through daily communication and recognition.
- Build enthusiasm and awareness of promotional events amongst Sales Consultants.
- Direct Sales Consultants to optimize customer experience through management of daily functional schedule.
- Ensure merchandising process goes smoothly and recover department to floor readiness standards.
- Maintain a consistent, high level of customer service. Consistently provide feedback on associate MAGIC behaviors to their direct supervisor .
- Ensure all procedures, policies and standards are understood and followed by associates.
- Manage the tools used to create professional sell ng standards ,including My Client, product knowledge material ,selling techniques, mobile devices and POS system.
- Maintain acceptable presentation standards on the selling floor through proper utilization of visual displays and merchandise content.
- Ensure sale set ups, stock put away, recovery, signing, and markdowns are completed in a timely manner.
- Be knowledgeable of POS policies and procedures and role model empowered selling behavior.
- Review and distribute advertising calendar and maintain floor presentation to maximize sales opportunities.
- Review business driving opportunities with management and coordinate implementation within area.
- Communicate information from vendors and District/Region teams on product knowledge, merchandise presentation and customer requests regarding assortment.
- Maintain contact with all levels of management at the store and district level to obtain direction and support.
- Maintain department recovery standards.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance and punctuality .
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Previous selling experience and product knowledge in Women's Shoes preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
So if you live on the cutting edge of fashion and have a keen eye for design, why not put that expertise to work on the sales floor? Join our team of problem solvers and doers: Apply today!