Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Village at Corte Madera
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We have reduced the need to use the gas-powered Security vehicle by utilizing bicycles for patrolling the exterior of the property in good weather.
- Modified the operational time period of our decorative water features in an effort to conserve electricity without disrupting the experience of our shoppers.
- We have given our Retailers Village at Corte Madera traveler mugs in an effort to reduce paper cup use.
- The center recycles cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum and batteries.