Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Village at Corte Madera
- We use LED lights throughout our parking lots.
- Modified the operational time period of our decorative water features in an effort to conserve electricity without disrupting the experience of our shoppers.
- Bio-retention ponds recently installed in the East Court.
- We employ a Hybrid Security vehicle and utilize bicycles for patrolling the exterior of the property.
- We offer 3 EV Charging Station Locations; Volta in front of Macy's, EVGO and Tesla Superchargers can be found on the west side, parallel to the freeway.
- The center recycles cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum and batteries.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- Water Bottle Filling Station at the south end, adjacent to Verizon.
- Recycling bins are located throughout the center.
- Eliminated use of Roundup and replaced with an environmentally safe weed control product.
- All offices have motion sensors installed.
Redwood High School Earth Day Photography Display
Be sure to check out the photography display created by Redwood High School's Art Department! The ...
Tee-Cycle Your Closet
We here at Splendid Corte Madera are excited for the start of our new "tee-cycle" program. All you ...
Plant a Tree
WE'RE PLANTING 3 Million Trees in 3 Years Your Purchase Plants a Tree - When you buy a piece of in...
Introducing Banana Republic Baby
We've launched our new baby collection! Thoughtfully crafted pieces for every moment of the journey...