Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
We’re Doing Our Part
The Village at Corte Madera is conserving water to support our community. As a responsible member of the community and in accordance with California’s Water Conservation Emergency Regulation, The Village is currently practicing the following water conservation efforts:
- Turning off our water features and fountains
- Cutting back on landscaping watering
What We’re Doing at The Village at Corte Madera
- We use LED lights throughout our parking lots.
- Restricted the operation of our decorative water features in an effort to conserve water.
- Bio-retention ponds recently installed in the East Court.
- We employ a Hybrid Security vehicle and utilize bicycles for patrolling the exterior of the property.
- We offer 3 EV Charging Station Locations; Volta in front of Macy's, EVGO and Tesla Superchargers can be found on the west side, parallel to the freeway.
- Low flow fixtures in all of our public restrooms.
- Reducing our irrigation to help conserve water.
- The center recycles cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum and batteries.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- Water Bottle Filling Station at the south end, adjacent to Verizon.
- Recycling bins are located throughout the center.
- Eliminated use of Roundup and replaced with an environmentally safe weed control product.
- All offices have motion sensors installed.
Earth Day Event
SATURDAY, APRIL 20th l 12pm to 2pm Join us to celebrate Earth Day! We will have representatives o...
Tee-Cycle Your Closet
We here at Splendid Corte Madera are excited for the start of our new "tee-cycle" program. All you ...
Do Well With Your Old Denim
Trade 'Em In & Get $20 Off a New Pair It's our goal to keep old jeans out of the trash and in c...