Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at The Village at Corte Madera
- We use LED lights throughout our parking lots.
- Modified the operational time period of our decorative water features in an effort to conserve electricity without disrupting the experience of our shoppers.
- Bio-retention ponds recently installed in the East Court.
- We employ a Hybrid Security vehicle and utilize bicycles for patrolling the exterior of the property.
- The center recycles cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum and batteries.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- Water Bottle Filling Station at the south end, adjacent to Verizon.
- Recycling bins are located throughout the center.
- Eliminated use of Roundup and replaced with an environmentally safe weed control product.
- All offices have motion sensors installed.
Tee-Cycle Your Closet
We here at Splendid Corte Madera are excited for the start of our new "tee-cycle" program. All you ...