Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We have reduced the need to use the gas-powered Security vehicle by utilizing bicycles for patrolling the exterior of the property in good weather.
- Modified the operational time period of our decorative water features in an effort to conserve electricity without disrupting the experience of our shoppers.
- We have given our Retailers Village at Corte Madera traveler mugs in an effort to reduce paper cup use.
- The center recycles cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum and batteries.